12.07.2007

Cipoletti's Poster

I have been wanting to combine more of the digital and fine art side. Tim, the owner of Cipoletti's, wanted a "retro-george-jettson" style of poster. This project gave me the perfect opportunity to try out mixing digital with a hand drawn look. I drew the characters, scanned them in, and then put the finishing touches on in Illustrator.
I must admit I was a little unsure about the task. I could not envision the final picture in my head. But after much research of the "retro-style" I felt like I had to attempt something. And it just worked. I was really happy with the way it turned out.
I just saw the 2 x 3 foot poster hanging on the wall today. It did look pretty cool (coming from an artist who always critiques oneself harshly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails