2.21.2011

Recipe for Veggie Crusty Chicken


This recipe is not healthy, but it's tasty and easy to make. I can't believe I'm confessing to eating this last night after I just finished watching Food Matters. Which I recommend you check out this amazing and informative documentary if you haven't already seen it. It reminded me why eating healthy, even a raw diet is so important. Nothing about last nights meal was raw. Ahhh...

Anyway, back to the main course. The rock star ingredient is FriChick. It comes in a can and is basically a vegetable protein chicken substitute. You just have to taste it, it's hard to describe.


The recipe is from Shirley Beary who is a friend of my mother-in-law.

2 small cans FriChick, torn in pieces
6 slices soft bread, cubed
1/2 c. chopped onion (I love onions and put in 3/4 c.)
1 c. mayonnaise (I did use Vegenaise)
1/4 c. oil (I did used a little less, 1/8 c.)
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp. Chicken seasoning
1/2 c. canned milk
Cornflakes

MIX well and place in a csserole dish. POUR canned milk over the casserole. SPRINKLE cornflakes on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 min.

Yummy crunchy-ness in a pan. Hope you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails