3.03.2011

Green Goodie Smoothie


A yummy, and healthy, addition to any breakfast. I've been making this for so long I've forgotten where I got the recipe from. Really, I don't even follow a recipe anymore. I just throw a little of this and that with some Spirulina. The green algae is what makes the smoothie, well green, and packs a huge nutritional punch.

Enjoy!



Ingredients

  • 1 cup pineapple juice (I use Lakewood's Pure Pineapple Fresh Pressed, expensive but worth it)
  • 1 cup fortified vanilla soymilk or other nondairy milk like coconut milk
  • 10 frozen peach slices
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup cherries or raspberries
  • 2 teaspoons Maple syrup or some sort of sweetner (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon spirulina
  • ice as needed, to chill and thicken



Directions 

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth, stopping the blender occasionally to move the unblended fruit to the center with a spatula. Strawberry garnish.


If you'd like to share recipes with me sign up for Plan to Eat. A sweet site for your recipes. It also has a calendar to plan meals. From your meal plan on the calendar it automatically generates a shopping list. Genius. Check it out here: http://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/11730/382nghavqprqi/green-goodie-smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails