You can view a bigger and better version of this video at: My Vimeo
Instructions for Collage:
1. Choose a base for your collage -- I used a wood tray to go with the garden theme needed for the fundraiser.
2. Collect your materials -- After creating the drawings I scanned and printed them on a yellowish construction paper (I wanted to keep the originals).
3. Use scissors, X-acto knife, or tear the paper and arrange the paper art how you want it on the base -- I chose to tear the paper by hand and also used a ruler to give it a rough jagged edge.
4. Apply lots of glue to each item -- My glue of choice is Mod Podge (comes in a gloss or matte finish).
5. Layer additional embellishments, paint, use ink or marker, etc -- I added diluted acrylic paint to create a light water color affect.
6. Seal or final finish -- Again Mod Podge to the rescue. It's the best for everything, really, they aren't even paying me for this endorsement.
The event, Cultivate Hope, will be May 6 at the Garden's on Spring Creek, 2145 Centre Ave, Fort Collins, CO. For more info visit: http://www.thematthewshouse.org/html/cultivate_hope_2010.html